We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy and security of our members. We utilize the latest technologies and software to prevent unauthorized users from accessing our systems. We protect your information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards.
We continue to maintain corporate compliance processes and infrastructure with respect to HIPAA security, privacy, and other regulations. Our goal is excellence in customer service, quality and cost effectiveness.
With Online Bill Payment, your payment information is strictly confidential:
- All information is protected by the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with 128-bit encryption. SSL creates a secure communication channel by encrypting all communication between the user and the server.
- Your payments are processed through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, a payment network that is trusted by more than 12,000 financial institutions nationwide.
- We do not process any payments until you authorize them.
- We strictly adhere to new privacy policies regarding Identity Theft protection.
- All of our employees must complete HIPAA privacy and security training.
About Automated Clearing House (ACH) Transactions
More than 18.2 billion automated clearing house (ACH) payments were made in 2008. Online Bill Payment uses the same, safe electronic payments system used for Direct Deposit.
According to the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), online payments “provide more protection than when checks are processed in the traditional way.” More information is available on the NACHA Web site, www.nacha.org.
What You Can Do to Protect Your Information
- Never share your password
- Never write down your password
- Change your password often
- When creating a password, don’t use common words, birthdates or your name
- Log out of Blue Acces for Employers when you step away from your computer