Clinical Practice Guidelines
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma (BCBSOK) uses evidence-based clinical guidelines from nationally recognized sources to guide our quality and health management programs. Guidelines are designed to support the decision-making processes in patient care. Recommendations from other national entities may vary.
Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) and Preventive Care Guidelines are adopted by BCBSOK and are the foundation for selected Condition Management Programs. These guidelines are based on established evidence-based standards of care, publicized by specialty societies and national clinical organizations. These guidelines are updated at least every 2 years and when new significant findings or major advancements in evidence-based practices and standards of care are established.
You may request a hard copy of a CPG by calling 866-670-6681. If you would like to comment on the CPGs adopted by BCBSOK, please email Dr. Douglas Stewart.
The Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs) are meant to serve as general guidelines and are not intended to substitute for clinical judgment in individual cases. The links below provide information about the CPGs:
- Asthma – Guidelines for Diagnosis and Management
- Cardiovascular Disease Guidelines
- Chronic Kidney Disease Guidelines
- COPD & Diagnosis Management and Prevention
- Diabetes Mellitus- Standards of Care
- Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma
- Heart Failure Guidelines
- HIV Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Hypertension Guidelines
- Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
- Metabolic Syndrome Guidelines
- Sleep Apnea Guidelines
- Tobacco Cessation Guidelines